Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
This sweepstakes (“Promotion”) is administered by Roadtrip Nation, Ltd., a Delaware non-profit corporation, having its mailing address at 1626 Placentia Ave. Costa Mesa, CA 92627 (“Roadtrip Nation”) and is offered only in the state of California to: (i) LEGAL UNITED STATES RESIDENTS at least 18 years of age at date of entry; (ii) who are U.S. residents prior to the start of this Promotion. Employees, contractors and directors of Roadtrip Nation, its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, and any of their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and immediate families (spouse, mother, faster, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, contractors and directors are not eligible. By entering, you agree to these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of Roadtrip Nation, which are final and binding in all respects.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN PRIZE. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Promotional Period begins on Monday, July 1, 2019 at 9:00am PST, and ends on Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 11:59pm PST (“Promotional Period”). At the end of the Promotional Period there will be a prize drawing for a Prize (as defined below in Section 5). Roadtrip Nation’s computer is the official time keeping device for each Roadtrip Nation Promotion.
Roadtrip Nation reserves the right to terminate the Promotion by providing advance notice, deemed appropriate by Roadtrip Nation. Should the Promotion be terminated as described above, the Prize will nevertheless be awarded as stated below.
Entrants may enter this Promotion by visiting the Promotion Website at www.failure-fest.com (“Website”) and taking one of the following actions during the Promotional Period:
- Share any of the videos from the website to Twitter (www.twitter.com) by using the ‘Tweet on Twitter’ link on any video page on the Website to get three (3) entries into the Promotion. Entries via this method are limited to one (1) video share via Twitter for the entire Promotional Period.
- Sign up for the Roadtrip Nation email newsletter by using the ‘Sign up for our Newsletter’ link on any video page on the Website to get one (1) entry into the Promotion. Entries via this method are limited to one (1) email newsletter sign up per email address for the entire Promotional Period.
- Refer the Promotion to a friend, by using the ‘Refer Friends for Extra Entries’ link on any video page on the Website. Unlimited entries into the Promotion are possible via this method; one (1) entry into the Promotion per friend referral.
- Provide your full name and email address, by using the ‘Click for a Daily Bonus Entry’ link on any video page on the Website to get one (1) entry into the Promotion. Entries via this method are limited to one (1) entry per day of the Promotional Period.
Entrants may use any or all methods in the preceding list to enter the Promotion. There is a minimum of 1 and no maximum number of Promotion entrants required to determine the Promotion winner. By entering the Promotion and claiming a Prize, you agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and any decision Roadtrip Nation or its affiliates, promotional partners, and / or designees makes regarding matters relating to the Promotion. All decisions rendered by Roadtrip Nation or its affiliates, Promotion administrators, Promotion sponsors, promotional partners, and / or designees shall be final and binding in all respects. Roadtrip Nation reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or website; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Roadtrip Nation will prosecute any fraudulent activities to the fullest extent of the law.
Prize winner(s) will be selected by Roadtrip Nation, its promotional partners, and / or designees based on a random drawing from all eligible entries received on the gleam.io platform. Winners of the drawing will be notified by email or social media within approximately 2 days of the drawing. Drawing(s) for the Prize will take place on or about Thursday, August 1, 2019. Drawings will be conducted under the supervision of Roadtrip Nation or Roadtrip Nation’s affiliates.
Prize / Odds.
There will be one Prize awarded for the entire Promotional Period: Visa® gift card(s) with a total value of two thousand US dollars ($2,000 USD) (“Prize”). The number of gift cards and the denomination of each card is at the absolute discretion of Roadtrip Nation or Roadtrip Nation’s affiliates. Winner is responsible for providing a valid US mailing address for the Prize to be mailed to. Non-compliance with this requirement may result in disqualification, in which Roadtrip Nation may select an alternate winning entrant. Odds of winning in any drawing depend on the number of eligible entries received for that drawing. No assignment, transfer or substitution of prize by Winner is permitted. Roadtrip Nation and its affiliates and promotional partners reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value and also reserve the right to award the Prize to another entrant if the winning entrant cannot be reached and does not respond within ten (10) days of being notified. The Prize is not redeemable for cash or retail vouchers and is limited to one per household. The Prize must be redeemed by the winner by August 31, 2019 or will be forfeited.
To obtain the name of the winner, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and type Failure Fest Winner in the subject line. Such requests must be received within 6 months of the end of the Promotional Period.
All taxes associated with the receipt or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of winner who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more. Roadtrip Nation reserves the right to withhold any taxes as required by applicable law. Promotion winner may be required to complete a W-9 form for tax purposes. The winning entrant will be required to supply Social Security numbers or other taxpayer identification numbers as a condition precedent and prior to the award of any prize. The winner will assume all costs of redeeming the prize.
Winners must execute and return a signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability / Publicity Release along with an IRS Form W-9 (W-9 required for prize over $600 in value) within ten (10) days of notification. Failure to return documents in a timely manner, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, may result in disqualification with an alternate winner selected. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, there will be a second chance drawing where up to one (1) alternate winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries. If all potential winners are disqualified for any prize, no further drawings will take place and that prize will not be awarded.
- WHERE PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU hereby irrevocably grant to Roadtrip Nation, THE PROMOTIONAL SPONSOR, and those acting with their authority, the unrestricted, absolute, perpetual, worldwide right and license to use YOUR name, town or city of residence, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical and personal background information, statements, and Promotion entry, and without limitation, any notes, photograph, film, or video or audio tape that may be taken of YOU or of such materials (the foregoing, collectively, the “Content”), without further compensation, consideration, or notice or permission to YOU or to any third party, and to reproduce, copy, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform, exhibit, distribute, transmit or broadcast, publicly or otherwise, or otherwise use and permit to be used the Content or any part thereof, whether alone or in combination with other materials (including but not limited to text, data, images, photographs, illustrations, and graphics, video or audio segments of any nature), in any media or embodiment now known or hereafter developed (including but not limited to any format of any computer-based, internet-based, electronic, magnetic, digital, laser or optical-based media), in connection with any Roadtrip Nation (or its designee)’s advertising, promotion, publicity, trade, sweepstakes, contests, or other Promotion, activities, or materials.
- You hereby represent and warrant that you have and will continue to have all rights and licenses necessary to grant, unencumbered, the rights and licenses granted in Section 8 (i) of these Official Rules. Where permitted by law, failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification with an alternate winner or potential winner selected; and while not obligated to do so, Roadtrip Nation may, in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Roadtrip Nation, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate for winners or potential winners to appear for a presentation or other activity.
- iii. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entry forms submitted by multiple persons having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Promotion at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Limitations of Liability.
- Roadtrip Nation is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, or tampering or hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the website.
- Roadtrip Nation is not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the website. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Roadtrip Nation, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Roadtrip Nation reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion as necessary and will continue to ensure that the Prize is awarded pursuant to the terms of these Official Rules.
- IN NO EVENT WILL ROADTRIP NATION, ITS LICENSEES AND/OR THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE FAILURE FESTIVAL WEBSITE LOCATED AT WWW.FAILURE-FEST.COM, OR THE SHARING, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR REDEMPTION OR USE OF THE PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
BY ENTERING INTO THE PROMOTION, YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS AND ADMINISTRATORS, AND ANY OTHER PERSON(S) WHO MAY TAKE BY OR THROUGH YOU, HEREBY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS ROADTRIP NATION AND ALL OF THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, PROMOTIONAL SPONSORS, AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, AND ADVISORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES AND LIABILITIES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER WHICH YOU MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER BE ENTITLED TO ASSERT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER HARM OR LOSS OF ANY NATURE, ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, PRIVACY RIGHTS, PERSONALITY RIGHTS, “MORAL RIGHTS”, OR DEFAMATION, AND ANY AND ALL TAXES LEVIED, ASSESSED OR COLLECTED, WHETHER CAUSED BY, CONTRIBUTED TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO THE PROMOTION, THE PRIZE, OR YOUR PARTICIPATION, POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE THEREOF, OR YOUR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN CONNECTION THEREWITH. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TRAVEL AND HEALTH INSURANCE MATTERS FOR ALL PRIZES.
SECTION 1542. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that you may have with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You understand that Section 1542 provides that: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unenforceable in any respect by a court of law, it shall be severed from the rest of the Official Rules and the remaining provisions shall nonetheless be enforced to the maximum extent to which they are found by the court to be legally enforceable.
Jurisdiction / Disputes.
As a condition of participating in this Promotion, you acknowledge and agree that the Promotion, the Roadtrip Nation Affidavit/Release, and the parties’ respective rights and obligations in connection herewith, will be governed and construed under the laws of the State of California, without application of its conflict of laws principles. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or Affidavit/Release or their enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation, shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Costa Mesa, California, before a single arbitrator, in accordance with California Code of Civil Procedure ss.1280 et seq. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties or, if the parties cannot agree, by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing; provided, however, that each side shall bear its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court. Nothing in this paragraph shall affect either party’s ability to seek from a court injunctive or equitable relief at any time.
All questions regarding this Promotion should be directed by email to email@example.com.